Environs Lofts Community Page
This space is designed to share announcements, events, and bulletin board items for the Environs Lofts building and East 54 neighborhood.
POOL & FITNESS CENTER RULES
The pool and fitness center are both open! Please read thoroughly to understand new rules and policy.
Please see the below information from the East 54 Residential Board of Directors:
The Governor and Orange County announced the requirements for opening public pools during Phase 2 in NC. Pool Professionals (our pool maintenance service provider) has made sure that the pool is ready to open based on the prescribed guidelines for the State, Orange County as well as those published by the CDC.
While the Board explored the possibility of hiring Pool Monitors to supervise the capacity allowed at the pool, this would prove to be expensive for all residents. The Board trusts that residents will cooperate in this shared effort not to exceed the legally prescribed capacity, to social distance from any person not from your household and to follow all guidelines for both your safety and your neighbors’ safety. We want to be clear that if we are in violation of the State/County mandated rules, we could have the entire pool permit revoked for the season.
The procedures are detailed below, but the most important thing to understand is:
** Every resident who wishes to use the pool must sign up using the Sign Up Genius Link - Sign Up Genius - POOL
Signs will be posted with rules about the maximum number of people allowed at the pool along with reminders about these rules as well as other helpful safety tips during these times. We also urge residents to shower and wash their hands before entering the pool area and after exiting. Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the entry/exit points for the pool. Bathrooms, sinks, and showers are available adjacent to the main entrance for the pool and fitness center. To reduce touch points, lids on the trash cans and on the pool deck will be removed.
Pool Professionals has advised East 54 regarding the number of people who are allowed in the Pool and on the pool deck based on the Governor’s orders and Orange County Ordinances. However, since we do not have a Pool Monitor and the Board is tasked with enforcing the safety and social distancing requirements, we have determined that for Phase 2, the maximum capacity is 15 people in the pool and 40 people on the sun deck.
The following are the procedures that the Board has put into place at least during Phase 2 of the social distancing restrictions.
If your FOB is not registered with the property management office with your identification/unit number, you will not be able to access the pool. Please check with property management if you are unsure about the status of your fob. This is the only way that the Board can monitor the number of people using the pool during peak hours to make sure that we are meeting the legal requirements established by the State and Orange County.
No large gatherings or group events will be permitted on the premises during this time.
In an effort to be fair to all residents of East 54, the Board has established an online sign up process for using the pool. Please use this link - Pool Sign Up LINK - to sign up for times you plan to use the pool.
- Guests (individuals who are not residents of your unit) are NOT permitted during Phase 2.
- Residents must maintain 6 feet of social distance between other residents who are not members of your household.
- Sign up is limited to blocks of time no more than 2 consecutive hours with a 4 hours per day maximum. Please be respectful that weekends are the most popular time for most residents to use the pool. If time has expired and pool capacity is not exceeded individuals will be allowed to stay. If pool capacity is reached, individuals with expired time have to leave.
- Please wash your hands before entering the pool. Please wipe down the pool furniture prior to leaving the pool deck.
- No flotation devices, kickboards, etc. will be allowed in the Pool during Phase 2.
- If residents who are not registered on the Sign Up Genius use the pool during times when capacity has already been reached, their pool privileges will be revoked for a minimum of 2 weeks. Residents who are not observing social distancing guidelines will also be subject to revocation of their pool privileges.
Any items left at the pool will be disposed of by Pool Professionals the following day due to virus concerns. It is also recommended that residents bring their own disinfecting wipes for tables and chairs before and after use.
It is vital that all residents follow these rules, especially those regarding capacity, as the Association could be subject to fines or closure due to non-compliance.
We hope to be able to ease these restrictions as we move into Phase 3. Any changes to these rules, including facility and use capacity, reservation lengths, and guests will be addressed and modified in accordance to State and Local guidelines.
Lastly, do not enter the pool or sun deck if you or anyone in your household has a cough, fever, or other symptom of illness or has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
For your health and the health and safety of our community and our staff, please exercise social responsibility while on premises. Neither Environs / My Niche Apartments, the HOA, its management company nor the pool operator can be responsible for preventing the spread of germs throughout the facility, including related to COVID-19. The facilities are open to use AT YOUR OWN RISK, and users are responsible for wiping down surfaces, social distancing within the facility as publicly recommended or required, and using personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) in accordance with CDC requirements. Individuals entering the facility are specifically warned that the HOA cannot guarantee the premises are sanitized to the degree that would prevent the spread of COVID-19.
On Tuesday September 1, Governor Cooper announced moving the State into “Phase 2.5” as of Friday at 5:00pm. One component of this change is allowing gyms and fitness centers to open at 30% capacity.
As a result, the East 54 Residential Board has decided to reopen the fitness center with the following restrictions:
• Any residents experiencing any potential signs of COVID (cough, fever, etc.) should avoid using the fitness center.
• Residents should practice social distancing while in the fitness center.
• Fitness Center users should wear face coverings at all times while not actively using the equipment.
• Several of the cardio machines will be taken offline/removed to reduce capacity and promote social distancing.
• Residents are encouraged to wipe down machines and equipment before and after use.
• Residents wanting to use the fitness center will need to sign up for the fitness center in the same fashion as the pool and will be capped at 6 users.
Please use the following link to sign up for the fitness center: Sign Up Genius - Fitness Center
- I have full size bed to sell. It has an upholstered head & footboard covered in Belgium linen. Selling bed, mattress & boxspring for $500. Please call my cell @ 336-253-4324 if you'd like to view. Pic attached. Thanks! (0 comments) Michael Durham | September 23, 2020(0 comments)
- Hello everyone! My name is Kate Morris and my roommate, Keana Upshaw, and I just moved in! We are so excited to be a part of the Environ community. We are both first years in the Sport Administration Master's program and are absolutely loving Chapel Hill so far. We have noticed that there are a lot of furry four-legged friends walking around! We both miss being with our dogs at home, so if you ever need a dog sitter or dog walker, we would be happy to help! Feel free to reach out whenever (: Have a blessed day! (1 comments) Kate Morris | August 13, 2020(1 comments)
- anyone recommend a carpet cleaning service? (0 comments) Laura Reavis | June 23, 2020(0 comments)
- Hello neighbors - if anyone needs any help in picking up groceries, medicines, etc, please let me know. I am happy to help. Text me - Allen Baddour 919.548.2286 (3 comments) Allen Baddour | March 23, 2020(3 comments)